Thursday 26 January 2017

Subject Object - Starting the final poster

I decided to stick my posters up on my wall and ask people which poster they thought was the most powerful and looked the best aesthetically. I got some mixed answers but selected 3 I liked most then decided to use this one:




I like this idea because its extremely direct and quite simple. It involves a typical household pet, looking extremely uncomfortable, which I think would grab peoples attention the most. Nobody would want to put their pet in harms way so I feel that a more personal poster like this would allow people to make that connection between their own animals and wild animals in the circus.

I decided to take more photos of my cat Kyle in the position I'd probably want to draw him in. I'm still not quite sure how I'll make my final poster. I want to use digital media because I haven't used it on this course before but also really want to make a print by hand.

My digital poster would be of Kyles silhouette and would only include the details of the tutu and hoops he'd be wearing in block colours.
If I do a lino however, I'd want to do one in A3 and make it quite detailed, maybe scan them then use watercolours? As for typography I still don't know. We'll see how it goes...






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!