Thursday 1 December 2016

City as an Object - Barbican drawings

In the second part of this final rotation project, went to the RIBA and the Barbican Centre to make drawings.
I didn't really understand the purpose of meeting at the RIBA specifically for this rotation however, I'm glad I discovered it as I hadn't been there before.

I think this was one of the drawing days I've enjoyed the most so far. We had to collect 100 different types of paper whether that be coloured, textured or patterned. We then had to bring these in on the day to draw on at the Barbican centre.

Even though the Barbican is quite grey, dull and doesn't seem like much from the outside, I really liked the interior due to its many layers and interesting ways to get to different areas of the building. I found it quite challenging to aim for 100 drawings given the amount of time we had and being someone who is used to detail. I did try my best to make quick sketchy marks instead of finished drawings and tried to experiment with everything I bought along with me.

These were some of the drawings I produced:

zz

I'm happy with the majority of these drawings. I wish I could have made more however, I'd like to experiment with using collage so I'll bring scissors and glue along with me next time.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!