Monday 5 December 2016

City as an Object - Southbank Centre & Waterloo

I found the next part of this project quite confusing and hard to understand. We had to 'devise a drawing based research task to complete over one day'. I didn't feel particularly inspired to draw a specific thing or in a specific way.
Before starting this project, I happened to be around the Southbank centre and similarly to the Barbican, I found many layers and interesting drawing areas in the architecture and surroundings. I decided to base my second series of drawings there.

With these drawings, I tried to be more experimental and used collage and water based colours. I also tried to add details of any writing I saw e.g bar, restaurant names.

 

Again, I really enjoyed doing these. I was in an area I felt comfortable and inspired in and didn't force myself to produce loads for the sake of work. I feel like I was more experimental than I usually am and overall, really like most of the outcomes.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!