Wednesday 7 December 2016

City as an Object - Final task - Sculpture

I'm really not very good at making 3D objects. I do enjoy it once I start and know what I'm doing but I never really like the outcome so this final task was a bit disappointing for me.
The aim was to look through all the drawings I'd produced in the previous tasks and come up with a '3D capriccio'.
After some research on materials, I decided to use wire as its something I had never used before. I found the task quite fun after all even though I had no idea where I was going with it.
I selected a few of my favourite drawings I'd drawn from buildings in a perspective and decided to make an abstract looking sculpture inspired by those sketches.



I don't love the outcome. It did take me a while to make as I had to build the base with foam board and glue gun and only had scissors to cut the wire with (not the best option). It was something new and fun to make but I'm not particularly interested in the object aesthetically.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!