Sunday 29 October 2017

Fact: Film project

For this project, I have to create a short film using photography, sound, found images and drawings presented in a moving image. This film has to be a study of something factual like biological, chemical or physical processes,  electrical and industrial processes, a contemporary news article or a futuristic fact or theory.

Initially, I wanted my film to be on early humans/cavemen because I was reading a book related to that topic and thought it'd keep me motivated. After doing some research on different topics, I decided to stick to another topic I'm passionate about but one that is more contemporary.
I decided to do it on the dairy industry. I knew I wanted it to be short, to the point and shocking and decided to collect some images and notes to form a timeline to organise the process of cow to milk.

These are some of the images I collected:

Typical dairy industry adverts for milk 

The reality


Impregnating mother cow

Hormones & antibiotics given to cows to produce more milk than they would naturally

Mother cow and calf

Mother cow when seperated from baby


Male calves ready for slaughter to be veal


Worn out mother cows killed after multiple impregnations typically over 3-5 years.

And finally sent to the slaughterhouse to be killed for meat.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!