Monday 30 October 2017

Fact: Film project - Research

After watching some of the videos referenced on Moodle, I got a better of idea of what kind of techniques I could use for my film.
I want my video to show a sense of time - a process of buyers/demand for dairy and consumption. I want to then play around with the idea of using an existing '"happy" dairy farm commercial for milk and maybe add flashy images of what really goes on behind the scenes in the industry.
For sound, I want to have dairy industry machine sounds e.g, grinders where male chicks are ground, milking machines for mother cows playing over the commercial. I think this will be a very powerful way to shock the audience and would work well for the message I'm trying to bring with this video.

I was also thinking of starting my video off with different shots of people in supermarkets walking around, purchasing items, walking out with grocery bags, pouring milk to give the video some context without diving directly in to the awful images from the industry.

I was mostly inspired by these videos:

A brief history on John Baldessari
I love how the text on this video follows the narrations in the background. Also, the use of flashy images/shots to emphasise the important details and messages and to make it humerous.
This is a really fun take on a biography full of facts that would be quite boring to watch if it was made in a more conventional way. 



Meat your meat - Samsara food sequence
This is the kind of thing I want to go for in my film. This video shows the sequence of what happens to animals in slaughterhouses and was obviously made to bring awareness. I like the lack of narration and only the music in the background. With videos and images like these, I don't believe much needs to be said anyway. The point of these videos are for people to feel something and make the connection which is what I want my film to do.

This film uses small shots of videos of the process, machinery and the people involved in the factories. I want to make a similar kind of video but play around with pace more (making certain things slow motion and other areas fast/time lapsed)
I want to see how different sounds and noises will affect my film and the message it conveys.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!