Saturday 28 January 2017

Subject Object - FINAL POSTERS finally

IT'S FINALLY DONE!
This was literally the longest thing ever. Its 2am, I've been at it since 8pm and it looks like 1 hour of work... This was a struggle for me because I'm not very good at drawing from or creating on a computer. I took a big risk by using this method for my final but I just couldn't picture it any other way. I'm pleased with the results. I like the simplicity and the colours used. I didn't want anything too crazy or too detailed in this poster and I think it's worked quite well.
I do think that I could have done a much better job on these if I was more advanced in using Illustrator. I feel that there is something missing but I can't seem to figure it out.

Like I said in my previous post, I did prefer the text below because I felt it was more relevant to the image however, I feel that my second poster worked better visually. I particularly like the crimson blood colour I used on the word 'beat' to make it a bit more dramatic.

Another thing I'm terrible at is sizing and printing. I'm going to be really annoyed if these are pixelated when they're printed tomorrow.



I loved this project. Although, I feel that I could have done better had I used my time more efficiently, I felt this project was more self-led and independent compared to our other briefs. I liked the freedom of looking for my own news article and creating my own topic but still having workshops at class with the tutors and a brief. This project really taught me the importance of experimenting with ideas and not sticking to the first thing that comes to mind.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!