Monday 30 January 2017

Author Genesis - Research

I began by researching my 5 words to try to plan what my 'being' might look like. I know that I want to make something a little bit disturbing so I've started by looking at creatures and beasts from the Harry Potter movies for inspiration. I'm ridiculously obsessed and watch the movies frequently anyway so I'll do some sketches of interesting creatures later.




Since one of my words are 'tea', I know I want to make a creature that belongs under water or is inspired by water/liquid. I started looking at merpeople from the Harry Potter movies and went back to some mermaid sketches I've done in the past for reference.




I went back to some of the photos I took of my cat Kyle and started to sketch out cat like features but warped them around a bit to create something more sinister. I used my Harry Potter research as inspiration.






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!