Wednesday 25 January 2017

Subject Object - Playing around with lino, mono prints & font

Made some lino prints on my birthday :) Its the perfect week for me to have a birthday (5 days before the deadline for unit 2)
At this point, I have NO IDEA which poster idea I'm going to use for my final piece. I have no clue what kind of process I'm going to use for it and the deadline is only a few days away.
I decided to choose one random poster that I could potentially use and make some lino prints focusing on the circus typeface rather than a drawing.
It took me 2 hours and a cut in my finger to complete the lino but I got there in the end.






I started with a few simple ones to see if it'd work better in colour or black and white. I then wanted to see how it'd look as a poster if I made the entire thing with lino so made something similar to the posters I made in the typography workshop.




I didn't want to waste the ink so I made a couple of mono prints related to my elephant idea.



I'm quite happy with the outcome but don't think I'll be using this idea or method for my final piece. I had an idea of making this poster in a horizontal format with the writing 'THIS IS YOUR CIRCUS' stretched in to the shape of a circus tent. I think this would work best digitally but overall, I don't think its a particularly powerful idea for a poster.
This task was useful as I played around with colour and experimented which allowed me to get a sense of what my final piece would look like.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!