Thursday 27 October 2016

Palimpsest Pt2 - Spitalfields Market

In this task, we had to walk around the market and choose one stall holder of our interest to focus on.
I made a series of quick drawings of the stall holder to capture his movements then went on to changing my tools around to add colour and layers.

There were two men at this stall and I found their relationship very interesting. Even though I stood there drawing for an hour, not once did they speak to each other or make any form of contact. The man with the hood sat with his dog on his phone, while the man I focused on (with the glasses) stood and sat around drinking his coffee.





I started to draw the interactions between the stall holder and his customers, objects and the environment focusing on certain aspects of the scene, looking in to pattern and using colour where necessary.





I loved this task. At first glimpse, the brief seemed really long and frankly, a little boring but I really enjoyed capturing the movements of people and having to make decisions if they changed their position. I'm really happy with these drawings and would love to try a task like this again in my own time.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!