Friday 25 November 2016

ANN - Monoprints

The last time I mono printed was during my foundation year at LCC which was 4 years ago. I love any type of printmaking and I knew this one was probably the most straight forward. I started off by photocopying some of the drawings I made previously for this project and printing those using different block ink colours.
I then cut and mounted some drawings with others to experiment with different dimensions and create new sketches.
I really enjoyed using different tools to make various marks like a fork, my fingers, a pen and tissue paper. 



In this print, I used a fork to create marks around the tree and used tissue paper in circular motions to create depth and darker marks with the ink:





My favourite one overall was the blue one above. I combined two drawings i made from different sides of the university building in to 1 building with a different dimension. I think this print was really successful with experimenting and mark making.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!