Friday 25 November 2016

Wellcome Collection and The Grant Museum of Zoology

I was bored and decided to go to a gallery. I went to the Wellcome Collection to see their new exhibition called 'Bedlam: The Asylum & Below'. It was really interesting and quite eye-opening. There were some quite disturbing patient stories and very beautiful pieces of work.






I made a few quick sketches which was difficult because it was so busy. I wanted to practice mark making and working quickly.




----

I then decided to go to the Grant Museum of Zoology since its really close to the Wellcome gallery. I usually go to the Hunterian Museum in Holborn quite a lot because I'm very interested in taxidermy and animals but I'd never been to the Grant museum.
I do prefer the Hunterian museum as its slightly bigger but found the Grant museum really fascinating. I made some quick sketches here also.









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!