Tuesday 21 November 2017

Ghost Post project

For this new project our task was to pick something that happened in history then re-imagine what could have happened. The final piece is going to be a stamp design that can be printed very small but A1 as well that relates to this moment in history.
I chose to think about what would happen if dinosaurs were re-created by genetic cloning (like in Jurassic park.) I thought this would be interesting to do as it's something that scientists have actually considered doing and I believe it could be successful in the future (even if it isn't with dinosaurs.)

I started off by doing some general research on dinosaurs to get an idea of what they looked like and their history to inspire me for design ideas.
I also looked at some other commemorative stamps from British history.
I particularly liked these ones:


Agatha Christies stamps

I love the minimal use of colour in this set. All of the stamps work really well together as they have an ongoing theme and have only used small hints of colour in certain places.
 London underground stamps

I want my final stamps to be in this kind of style where there is little detail but instead, shapes and silhouettes to make shapes. With a design that would mostly be printed very small, I think its important not to get lost in detail but instead, focus on what it's trying to depict.
I also like the muted tones and colours and the use of space where there are contrasts of empty areas and more detailed areas.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!