Saturday 4 February 2017

Author Genesis - Brief tasks continued...

I've come up with 2 habitat drawings so far. The first one I made was just a cave underwater that I drew with promarkers and collage. The second cave, I drew with oil pastels. I haven't used these in years and thought they'd work perfectly on black paper. I really like the way the second one turned out with the columns and silhouette of ruins in the background. This second one works better because it captures the dark mood I'm trying to portray more than the first one.



I decided to start drawing my characteristics and purpose of life drawings until I come up with some more ideas for my beings habitat.
I am so happy with the characteristics drawings. I feel that I've focused so much on being more loose, fast and experimental with my drawings over the last few months, I've missed spending loads of time and drawing in a more controlled way. Since I have the time, I wanted to draw and colour these in a quite babyish children's book style as I think my character would do well in a children's story book.



Tomorrow I will start the life purpose drawings and hopefully finish creating some more habitats to be fully prepared for presenting at uni on Monday. I've been drawing since 12 and now its 1.30pm and I can no longer feel my hand so I think I'll be off to bed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!